Saturday, December 4, 2010

Prezi on Butterflies and Insects

I created my first Prezi! First, I went to www.Prezi.com. Then I watched a step by step tutorial. The process was fairly easy. Creating the Prezi took me about an hour or so. Most of the time was spent deciding and finding the information I wanted to use.

In my opinion, Prezi is good for a quick presentation with not a lot of text. The movement on the screen may make your eyes hurt if you go to fast. Overall, I would use Prezi in my class and recommend it to other teachers.

Here is a link to my Prezi. I plan on using it in the spring as a review with my second grade students. I still need to add some more details, design features, and information.

Uses for teachers and students:
  • Middle and High School students can use this as a presentation tool
  • Teachers can use Prezi in any subject area for mini lessons and reviews
  • Create Presentations and share with others
Feel free to add a comment on how you have used Prezi.

2 comments:

  1. Although I like prezi, it can be a bit dizzying at times. My worry is that the "fun" or "cutesy" aspect of it may get in the way of the important information of the prezi. I know that every time that I look at one I kinda get lost in the spinning and turning of the presentation and don't focus on the material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Prezi! I like how you included the images from our science packets to go along with your presentation. This will definitely be more interesting for you students that just looking through the science packet. I am going to create a Prezi for second grade too, we should share them.

    ReplyDelete